Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gaming PC vs. iMac

I'm getting into PC gaming and I need some advice. Should I go with an iMac or a dedicated gaming PC. Here's what I'm looking at. (PS: Price isn't a problem)

Gaming PC:

  • 3.2GHz AMD Athlon II X2 processor
  • 4GB RAM
  • 450W power supply
  • 1 TB SATA II hard drive
  • Nvidia Geforce GT 520 with 1GB of video memory
  • Comes with keyboard, mouse, and windows 7 (no monitor included, I'll get a 25" LED one)
  • $579.99

iMac (21.5" version):
  • 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
  • Built in iSight webcam
  • 500GB Hard Drive
  • 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
  • DVD SuperDrive
  • AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory
  • $1,199.00
I'm thinking of going with the gaming PC because the hard drive is bigger, bigger video memory, and a bigger processor. I am also planning on using it for video editing so I think the gaming PC will be better but, let me know what you think on twitter (@kutarimeikitato or @thebytegaming01)! Also once I get one of these I will do an unboxing of it on my new tech/gaming channel...here http://goo.gl/f2jUY !!!

~Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment